Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
If you like coconut cream pie, you will love these bars.
- 3 5⁄8 ounces French vanilla pudding mix (not instant)
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup coconut
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 3 -4 teaspoons milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- Heat oven to 350. Grease 13X9 inch pan. In medium saucepan, combine pudding mix and 1 3/4 cups milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; cool while preparing base.
- In large bowl, combine cake mix, 1/2 cup margarine, half-and-half and almond extract at low speed until moistened. Reserve 1 cup mixture for topping; spread remaining mixture in prepared pan. Bake at 350 for 8 minutes.
- Spoon and spread pudding gently over base. Add coconut to 1 cup reserve mixture; spoon teaspoonfuls evenly over pudding. Sprinkle with almonds. Return to oven and bake 20 to 30 minutes or until golden brown and coconut mixture is firm to touch.
- In small bowl, combine all glaze ingredients adding enough milk for desired glaze consistency; blend until smooth. Drizzle over warm bars. Cool completely. Cut into bars. Store in refrigerator.