Recipe by evelyn/athens
This is sooo good and easy. Just wait to try this combination of flavours.
Top Review by chia
what a wonderful dessert! my family loves coconut and especially liked this. i liked the fact that it is no-bake, and only takes a few minutes to throw together. i used garham cracker crumbs, crushed in place of vanilla wafers and it tasted just fine.
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 cup crushed vanilla wafer
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 9 tablespoons sugar
- 4 cups half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter over low heat and stir in ginger and vanilla wafers.
- Reserve 3 tsps of crumb mixture.
- Press remainder in a 9 inch pie plate and chill while pudding is being made.
- Combine cornstarch and sugar; add 1 cup half and half, and whisk until cornstarch is dissolved.
- Stir in remaining half and half and bring to boil over medium heat, whisking, and cook 2 minutes, until thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and coconut.
- Transfer to a metal bowl set in a larger bowl of ice and water.
- Stir until completely cooled and pour into crust.
- Sprinkle reserved crumbs over.
- Chill for 20 minutes before serving (pudding will be soft).