Montana Heart Song's Note:
I started to make a vanilla cream pudding and then decided to add coconut and cinnamon. Rich and creamy. You may add bananas if you wish. It is a good filling for a cream pie or just a pudding with garnish if you wish.
My Private Note
1/2 cup ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1In heavy 2 quart saucepan, add milk, beaten eggs, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and salt.
- 2Use a large whisk to mix and stir.
- 3Heat on medium heat, and whisk.
- 4It will start to become a custard like consistency. Cook a few minutes.
- 5Take off heat.
- 6Mix cornstarch with water in small bowl.
- 7Add to pudding mixture.
- 8Turn heat on low and cook until thickened and creamy. Use a whisk to mix and stir while cooking.
- 9Fold in coconut.
- 10Cool in the refrigerator.
- 11Serve as a pudding with whipped cream and cherries on top or pour into a baked pie crust shell and chill until serving.
- 12Note: To make a deep dish pie, add 1 1/2 cups of Cool Whip or Whipped Cream to pudding before filling the pie crust.
- 13Note: Pumpkin pie spice may be substituted for cinnamon if you wish.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Cream Pudding With Cinnamon
Serving Size: 1 (167 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 180.2
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 96.3 mg
- Sodium 176.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 11.6 g
- Protein 6.6 g