Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I started to make a vanilla cream pudding and then decided to add coconut and cinnamon. Rich and creamy. You may add bananas if you wish. It is a good filling for a cream pie or just a pudding with garnish if you wish.
- In heavy 2 quart saucepan, add milk, beaten eggs, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and salt.
- Use a large whisk to mix and stir.
- Heat on medium heat, and whisk.
- It will start to become a custard like consistency. Cook a few minutes.
- Take off heat.
- Mix cornstarch with water in small bowl.
- Add to pudding mixture.
- Turn heat on low and cook until thickened and creamy. Use a whisk to mix and stir while cooking.
- Fold in coconut.
- Cool in the refrigerator.
- Serve as a pudding with whipped cream and cherries on top or pour into a baked pie crust shell and chill until serving.
- Note: To make a deep dish pie, add 1 1/2 cups of Cool Whip or Whipped Cream to pudding before filling the pie crust.
- Note: Pumpkin pie spice may be substituted for cinnamon if you wish.