Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is from a dear friend of mine. It is delicious. Anyone who has tasted it states it is the best cake they ever tasted as far as coconut goes. It is filling and easy to make. I hope you enjoy as much as my family does.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 10 inch tube pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and cream cheese until well blended.
- Add sugar, and beat until light and fluffy.
- Blend in the eggs, one at a time.
- Stir in coconut extract.
- Mix in flour and baking powder until just moistened.
- Stir in coconut.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Insert knife and if comes out clean, cake is done.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before inverting onto a cooling rack.
It is the BEST DAM POUND CAKE I ever tasted!!!! *hahaha* Hey Melanie!!!!!!!!! How are ya hon? Long time no see.!!!!
This was very good. Super sweet. My DH and Kids loved it. Served it with a dollop of vanilla cool whip. Thank you for a great recipe.
What a treat! I made this yesterday afternoon...very good. Excellent coconut flavor and oh so moist with a nice "crust". This one's a keeper. :-)