Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This past Christmas, I was searching for the best way to use my can of cream of coconut. Not finding anything that really sounded like what I wanted, I modified a standard bundt cake recipe. Makes 2 cakes - perfect for making one as a gift and keeping one for yourself.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups white sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 (13 ounce) can cream of coconut
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- Preheat oven to 325°. Grease and flour 2 bundt pans.
- In large bowl, cream together butter and cream cheese until well blended. Add sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Blend in the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in cream of coconut until well blended.
- Gradually add flour and stir just until blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pans. Bake for 1 1/2 hours or until both cakes tests done. Allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes before turning out.
- *Pineapple flavored cream cheese may also work.