Cook1 hr 30 mins
Very moist and delicious pound cake. Great to serve with ice cream!
Make and share this Coconut Cream Pound Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Cream butter and shortening.
- Gradually add sugar; beating until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine flour and baking powder; add to creamed mixture alternating with cream of coconut, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Stir in lemon rind and vanilla.
- Pour batter into greased and floured 10" tube pan.
- Bake at 350* for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10-15 minutes; remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
This is great with the Homemade Ice Cream recipe you have listed! I love it!
This cake is a special ocassion all by itself. It's finely textured and moist with a delicious flavor. I had to reduce the overall size of the cake so it would fit my oven, but kept all ingredients and proportions the same. I really like this cake as it is, but next time I may try using coconut extract instead of vanilla to give it a more pronounced coconut flavor. Thank you for the recipe, Bev.
Made this today and I love it =) I had so much batter I was able to make two pound cakes!
It came out super moist and delicious. Great with some chocolate sauce and coconut flakes as garnish.