Another low fat treat from Cooking Light.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 3 tablespoons ice water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable shortening
- cooking spray
- 1 (8 1/4 ounce) can crushed pineapple slices in syrup
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons cream of coconut (such as Coco Lopez)
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups frozen fat-free whipped topping, , thawed
- 1/4 cup flaked sweetened coconut, , toasted
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2To prepare crust, lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife.
- 3Combine 1/4 cup flour and water; stir with a whisk until well-blended.
- 4Combine 3/4 cup flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a bowl; cut in shortening with a pastry blender or 2 knives until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
- 5Add slurry; mix with a fork until flour mixture is moist.
- 6Press mixture gently into a 4-inch circle on heavy-duty plastic wrap, and cover with additional plastic wrap.
- 7Roll dough, still covered, into a 12-inch circle.
- 8Freeze for 10 minutes.
- 9Remove 1 sheet of plastic wrap, and fit the dough into a 9-inch pie plate coated with cooking spray.
- 10Remove the top sheet of plastic wrap.
- 11Fold edges under, and flute.
- 12Line the dough with a piece of foil, and arrange pie weights or dried beans on foil.
- 13Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes or until the edge is lightly browned.
- 14Remove pie weights and foil; cool crust on a wire rack.
- 15To prepare filling, drain pineapple in a colander, and spoon into the prepared crust.
- 16Combine 3/4 cup sugar, cornstarch, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a saucepan, and stir in milk.
- 17Bring to a boil; cook for 1 minute, stirring with a whisk.
- 18Gradually add about 1/3 cup hot custard to beaten eggs; stir constantly with a whisk.
- 19Return egg mixture to pan.
- 20Cook for 2 minutes or until thick, stirring constantly.
- 21Remove mixture from heat; stir in cream of coconut and extracts.
- 22Spoon mixture into the prepared crust.
- 23Cover surface of filling with plastic wrap; chill until set (about 2 hours).
- 24Remove plastic wrap, and spread whipped topping evenly over filling.
- 25Sprinkle with coconut.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Cream Pie With Pineapple
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 323.5
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 63.7 mg
- Sodium 170.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 31.5 g
- Protein 5.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat-free whipped topping