Recipe by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
Took this to a church supper and brought the pie plate home virtually licked clean!
Top Review by sharflan
I set to work this afternoon, needing something 'quick' and tasty. I found it! I found it super easy (I used the microwave - just a couple minutes at a time made it "easy as pie"!) I did make 1 change - since I had little milk on hand, I used a can of coconut milk then topped it off with regular milk to the 3 cup mark. It was just as easy to prepare as a pudding mix and much tastier!!! My husband was full of compliments on this one. Thanks for a terrific recipe Marg!
- 1 9-inch baked pie crust
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups sweetened flaked coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium saucepan, stir together sugar, cornstarch, flour and salt; stir in eggs until mixture is well blended.
- Gradually stir in milk.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly with whisk, until mixture boils; boil and stir 1 minute.
- Remove from heat; stir in butter and vanilla.
- Stir in coconut until blended; pour into baked pie crust.
- Press plastic wrap directly onto surface; refrigerate 6 to 8 hours or until set.
- Just before serving, spread with whipped cream; sprinkle with toasted coconut.
- Cover; refrigerate leftover pie.
- 8 servings.
- Variation: You can also toast the coconut before adding it to the pie.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread evenly on cookie sheet, stir once or twice while baking for 5 to 10 minutes, until light golden brown.