1/3 Photos of Coconut Cream Pie
Marg (CaymanDesigns)'s Note:
Took this to a church supper and brought the pie plate home virtually licked clean!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In medium saucepan, stir together sugar, cornstarch, flour and salt; stir in eggs until mixture is well blended.
- 2Gradually stir in milk.
- 3Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly with whisk, until mixture boils; boil and stir 1 minute.
- 4Remove from heat; stir in butter and vanilla.
- 5Stir in coconut until blended; pour into baked pie crust.
- 6Press plastic wrap directly onto surface; refrigerate 6 to 8 hours or until set.
- 7Just before serving, spread with whipped cream; sprinkle with toasted coconut.
- 8Cover; refrigerate leftover pie.
- 98 servings.
- 10Variation: You can also toast the coconut before adding it to the pie.
- 11Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 12Spread evenly on cookie sheet, stir once or twice while baking for 5 to 10 minutes, until light golden brown.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Cream Pie
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 384.1
- Calories from Fat 175
- Total Fat 19.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 86.3 mg
- Sodium 317.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 23.1 g
- Protein 7.4 g