Took this to a church supper and brought the pie plate home virtually licked clean!
Make and share this Coconut Cream Pie recipe from Food.com.
- In medium saucepan, stir together sugar, cornstarch, flour and salt; stir in eggs until mixture is well blended.
- Gradually stir in milk.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly with whisk, until mixture boils; boil and stir 1 minute.
- Remove from heat; stir in butter and vanilla.
- Stir in coconut until blended; pour into baked pie crust.
- Press plastic wrap directly onto surface; refrigerate 6 to 8 hours or until set.
- Just before serving, spread with whipped cream; sprinkle with toasted coconut.
- Cover; refrigerate leftover pie.
- 8 servings.
- Variation: You can also toast the coconut before adding it to the pie.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread evenly on cookie sheet, stir once or twice while baking for 5 to 10 minutes, until light golden brown.