1/2 Photos of Coconut Cream Pie
"HEAVENLY" - this pie is so easy to make (especially if you use a store bought pie shell) and so easy to eat!!! Try it - you will not be disappointed !!!! Prep & cook time does not include refrigeration time (2 - 3 hrs).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 9 inch deep dish pie shell
- 2 1/2 cups milk (I use 1%)
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla or 2 teaspoons coconut extract
- 1 cup 35% cream
- 1/4-1/2 cup toasted sweetened flaked coconut
- 1Bake pie shell according to package or recipe directions.
- 2Let cool.
- 3In saucepan, heat milk and coconut over medium heat until steaming.
- 4In large bowl, whisk 1/2 cup of sugar (or Splenda) with cornstarch; whisk in eggs until blended.
- 5Gradually whisk hot milk mixture into egg mixture in thin, steady stream.
- 6Return to saucepan.
- 7Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly until thickened to pudding consistency.
- 8Transfer to bowl; stir in vanilla (or Coconut extract).
- 9Place plastic wrap directly on surface; refrigerate until cool.
- 10In bowl, using electric mixter, whip whipping cream with remaining sugar (or Splenda) to soft peaks.
- 11Set aside 1 1/2 cups whipped cream aside.
- 12Fold remaining cream into cooled filling; spread into pie shell.
- 13Using piping bag with star tip, garnish top with reserved whipped cream- or just spread with a spoon.
- 14Sprinkle with toasted coconut.
- 15Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Cream Pie
Serving Size: 1 (176 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 531.9
- Calories from Fat 283
- Total Fat 31.4 g
- Saturated Fat 18.8 g
- Cholesterol 128.9 mg
- Sodium 273.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 34.5 g
- Protein 7.7 g