This is a very old recipe that has been handed down. Enjoy!
Make and share this Coconut Cream Pie recipe from Food.com.
- Stir together sugar, salt, cornstarch and flour.
- Add milk, mix well and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Boil for one minute, then pour some hot mix into egg yolks to temper, then add back to pudding mixture.
- Boil one minute more, then add butter, vanilla and coconut.
- Cool slightly, then pour into baked pie crust.
- Refrigerate several hours and serve with sweetened whipped cream and top with toasted coconut.