1/7 Photos of Coconut Cream Pie
2 hrs 35 mins
This is my son's favorite pie and I make it whenever he comes to visit. The recipe is from Food Network.. Hope you enjoy it as much as my son does.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a non stick one quart saucepan, combine 3/4 cup sugar and 3/4 cup milk together.
- 2Bring the milk to boiling point and scald the milk.
- 3In a small mixing bowl, whisk the remaining milk, egg yolks, and cornstarch together Whisk until smooth.
- 4Temper the egg yolk mixture into the scalded milk.
- 5Bring mixture up to a boil and cook for about 3 minutes or until the mixture is thick, stirring constantly.
- 6Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the flaked coconut, vanilla and butter Pour the filling into the prepared pie shell.
- 7Cover pie with plastic warp and place in the refrigerator.
- 8Chill pie completely, about 2 hours.
- 9Using an electric mixer, whip the egg whites until stiff with the remaining sugar.
- 10Spread meringue evenly over the top of the pie.
- 11Sprinkle top with the toasted coconut.
- 12Place pie in a pre-heated 350 degree oven and bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden.
- 13Remove from oven and cool.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Cream Pie
Serving Size: 1 (1424 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3025.5
- Calories from Fat 1291
- Total Fat 143.4 g
- Saturated Fat 83.1 g
- Cholesterol 877.0 mg
- Sodium 1721.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 377.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.4 g
- Sugars 215.9 g
- Protein 63.9 g