- 1 pie shell (10 inch is perfect or 2 smaller 8 inch will do)
- 2 1⁄4 cups coconut (toast 1 1/4 cup)
- 2 (6 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding
- 2 (1 1/3 ounce) envelopes Dream Whip
- 2 pints half-and-half
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare and bake pie shell.
- Toast 1 1/4 cup coconut in the oven until lightly browned.
- Whip together pudding, dream whip and half and half together in a large mixing bowl, mixture will be quite thick.
- Stir in vanilla and 1 cup coconut and 1/2 cup toasted coconut.
- Pour into prepared and cooled pie shell.
- Stir 1/2 cup toasted coconut into cool whip and frost pie.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup toasted coconut.
- Refrigerate until serving.