- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 13 1⁄2 ounces coconut milk
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts, baked (I used a premade graham cracker crust)
- 2 cups whipped topping
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan mix sugar, flour, salt; gradually add in milk and coconut milk over medium heat, stirring until bubbling. Remove form heat.
- Temper eggs with a small amount of the cooked mixture while stirring; pour it into the sauce pan.
- Cook about 3 minutes constantly stirring. Remove from heat and stir in butter, vanilla, and one cup of coconut flakes.
- Pour into pie shell cool then top with whipped topping.
- If you want top with some toasted coconut.