Recipe by Charlotte J
Warm up your cold winter morning with a tropical taste.
Top Review by Maito
This made a really good treat of a breakfast, especially with the addition of macadamias and bananas for full tropical flavor. The coconut is very subtle in this, I would double the extract next time (or if you aren't concerned about saturated fat, you could also increase the flaked coconut).
- 2 tablespoons flaked coconut
- 1⁄4 teaspoon morton lite salt (optional)
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Toast coconut in a pan on top of the stove for a few seconds.
- Bring water and salt to a boil and add oats, cooking for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in sweetened condensed skim milk, extract and coconut stir until well blended.
- Cover and let stand 2 to 3 minutes.
- Oatmeal will thicken as it sits.