You don't need to have a crock pot to make this, adjust times accordingly for stove-top preparation.
- 236.59 ml boiling water
- 680.38 g fresh mushrooms, trimmed and sliced (mixed -your choice of varieties)
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2.46 ml dried thyme leaves or 2 sprig fresh thyme
- 4.92 ml sea salt
- 2.46 ml black peppercorns (cracked)
- 1 bay leaf
- 946.36 ml vegetable broth or 946.36 ml beef broth
- 236.59 ml coconut milk (homemade -see my recipe)
- 59.16 ml virgin coconut oil
- In a heatproof bowl, soak 1/2 of the mushrooms in boiling water for 30 minutes.
- Drain through a fine sieve, reserving liquid.
- Pat mushrooms dry with paper towel and chop finely and SET ASIDE for step #8.
- In a skillet heat 1 tbsp Virgin Coconut Oil over medium heat.
- Add fresh mushrooms, cook (stirring until they lose their liquid)and transfer to crock pot.
- In same pan, melt remaining 3 tablespoons Virgin Coconut Oil.
- Add onions and cook, stirring until softened.
- Add reserved mushrooms, garlic, thyme, salt and peppercorns and cook, stirring, for 1 minute and transfer to slow crock pot.
- Add bay leaf, broth, coconut milk and reserved mushroom soaking liquid and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours or on High for 3 to 4 hours.
- Discard bay leaf.