1/1 Photo of Coconut Cream Mushroom Soup in Da' Crock Pot
8 hrs 40 mins
Chef Mommie's Note:
You don't need to have a crock pot to make this, adjust times accordingly for stove-top preparation.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 1/2 lbs fresh mushrooms, trimmed and sliced (mixed -your choice of varieties)
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves or 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns (cracked)
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cups vegetable broth or 4 cups beef broth
- 1 cup coconut milk (homemade -see my recipe)
- 4 tablespoons virgin coconut oil
- 1In a heatproof bowl, soak 1/2 of the mushrooms in boiling water for 30 minutes.
- 2Drain through a fine sieve, reserving liquid.
- 3Pat mushrooms dry with paper towel and chop finely and SET ASIDE for step #8.
- 4In a skillet heat 1 tbsp Virgin Coconut Oil over medium heat.
- 5Add fresh mushrooms, cook (stirring until they lose their liquid)and transfer to crock pot.
- 6In same pan, melt remaining 3 tablespoons Virgin Coconut Oil.
- 7Add onions and cook, stirring until softened.
- 8Add reserved mushrooms, garlic, thyme, salt and peppercorns and cook, stirring, for 1 minute and transfer to slow crock pot.
- 9Add bay leaf, broth, coconut milk and reserved mushroom soaking liquid and stir to combine.
- 10Cover and cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours or on High for 3 to 4 hours.
- 11Discard bay leaf.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Cream Mushroom Soup in Da' Crock Pot
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 271.0
- Calories from Fat 175
- Total Fat 19.5 g
- Saturated Fat 15.9 g
- Cholesterol 1.6 mg
- Sodium 960.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 7.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: