Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Found this is the beverage section of the newspaper and thought it might be good to keep around.
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk
- 1 ounce irish cream
- 1 ounce chocolate liqueur
- 3 1⁄2-4 ounces espresso, freshly brewed (approximately a double shot)
- cocoa powder (optional)
- Mix heavy cream and coconut milk in small glass. Set aside.
- In a small microwave safe serving glass, combine the Irish Cream and chocolate liqueur.
- Heat for one minute in microwave or until hot.
- Add espresso and stir carefully.
- Using a spoon held upside down, slowly pour the cream over the back of the spoon into the serving glass. This will let you float the cream on top.
- Dust with cocoa powder if you want. It will give it that finishing touch but is not necessary.
Thanks for sharing LoriinIndiana. Made with the exact ingredients listed but did leave out the optional cocoa powder. I didn't float the cream on top, because I used whipped cream in a can. So I added the coconut cream before the liquers. I garnished the whipped cream with my favorite vanilla bean coarse sugar grind. What a great coffee this is...loved all the different flavors in this drink. It was really nice that nothing overshadowed, all the flavors blended beautifully, you could taste everything. I will be enjoying this one again. Made for ZWT7 for Witchin Kitchen.
I did half a drink...I am taste testing espresso drinks this morning! I had a two year old who prevented me from floating cream...another day when she is not around perhaps. Lovely drink. I'll have to remember it every time I have some leftover coconut milk. Thanks so much. Made for my Babes for ZWT4.
I did half the drink (cause my mug didn't contain enough). But I used the full quantity of heavy cream and coconut milk. By the time I made it, the espresso was cold. I didn't bother to heat the alcohols in the microwave. It was hot yesterday so I took it like a cold coffee. It was very good that way. It was very beautiful. Thanks LoriInIndiana. Made for the Babes of ZWT4