1/1 Photo of Coconut Cream Meringue Pie
This makes a creamy pie, topped with golden meringue and toasted coconut. The pie requires 1 hour cooling time plus 1-2 hours for chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 3 egg yolks, lightly beaten (save whites for meringue)
- 1 cup flaked coconut, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1In saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt.
- 2Gradually stir in milk until smooth.
- 3Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 4Gradually stir in 1 cup hot filling into egg yolks; return all to the pan, stirring constantly.
- 5Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- 6Remove from heat; stir in chopped coconut, butter and vanilla until butter is melted.
- 7For meringue, in a mixing bowl, beat the egg whites on medium speed until foamy.
- 8Add cream of tartar, beat until soft peaks form.
- 9Gradually beat in sugar, 1 T at a time, on high until stiff peaks form.
- 10Pour hot filling into crust.
- 11Spread with meringue, sealing edges to crust.
- 12Sprinkle with flaked coconut.
- 13Bake at 350 degrees for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- 14Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour; chill for 1-2 hours before serving.
- 15Refrigerate leftovers.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Cream Meringue Pie
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 521.4
- Calories from Fat 226
- Total Fat 25.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.8 g
- Cholesterol 115.9 mg
- Sodium 405.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 43.0 g
- Protein 8.2 g