Prep 45 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Coconut cream eggs are one of my favorite Easter treats. The other two are Cadbury Cream eggs and marshmallow Peeps. I was thrilled to death to find this rich and creamy recipe for coconut eggs so I could make them year-round. The coconut centers can also be dyed to match the holiday.
- In large bowl, stir together butter, corn syrup, vanilla extract and salt.
- Gradually add confectioners' sugar and coconut, beating until blended.
- Sprinkle about 1 tablespoon additional confectioners' sugar on flat surface.
- Spoon coconut mixture onto prepared surface; knead about 5 minutes.
- Using 1 1/2 teaspoons mixture for each candy, shape into egg shape and place on wax paper-covered tray.
- Refrigerate 1 to 2 hours before dipping into chocolate coating.
- Place coated eggs on wax paper-covered tray.
- Store in cool, dry place.