Recipe by Manami
This cheesecake I made for a friend's birthday party but I never tasted it - personal preference, don't like coconut. The guests were all raving about it. They were maybe being polite! I found this on the net; it is a copy cat "like a popular restaurant's cheesecake" but don't know which one. This is courtesy of robbiehaf.com. This is a recipe that the cook here at the home requested; so that he could make it for a party at another facility, he is making it for the Holidays. I didn't include refrigerator time of 4 hours or longer.
- 2 1⁄2 cups grated fresh coconut
- 1 cup whipping cream, scalded
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup cold butter, sliced
- 4 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 20 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons coconut liqueur
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice, no subs please
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of coconut
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coconut liqueur
- toasted coconut flakes, garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Puree coconut and cream in blender for 4 minutes; set aside to cool.
- Cut butter into flour and 4 teaspoons sugar until mixture resembles small crumbs.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cream together cream cheese and 1-1/2 cups sugar.
- Stir in cooled puree.
- Slowly stir in eggs and yolks.
- Stir in 2-1/2 Tablespoons liqueur, lemon juice and extracts.
- Pour into prepared crust.
- Bake until sides of cake are dry and center is set, about 1 hour.
- Allow cheesecake to cool for 30 minutes.
- Beat together sour cream, cream of coconut and 1/2 teaspoon liqueur; spread over cheesecake.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Allow cheesecake to cool for 30 minutes, then refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Sprinkle coconut flakes over top before serving.