Prep 45 mins
Cook 2 hrs 5 mins
This is awesome!
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 egg yolks, room temperature
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup cream of coconut
- toasted coconut
- 5 tablespoons butter, chilled
- 1 teaspoon butter, chilled
- 20 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons coconut liqueur, your favorite
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coconut liqueur, your favorite
- 2 1⁄2 cups fresh coconut, grated
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Puree 2 1/2 cups fresh coconut with hot whipping cream -- set aside.
- Preheat oven to 325* -- Butter the bottom of a 10" springform pan.Blend flour, sugar and butter till mixture begins to gather together -- press evenly into bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake till golden.about 25 minutes.
- cool on rack while doing filling;.
- use mixer on low beat cream cheese with sugar till blended.mix in cooled coconut mixture.
- Blend in egg and egg yolks, one at a time, mix in 2 1/2 tbls coconut liquer.lemon juice, vanilla and almond extract, pour into prepared crust --
- Return to oven and bake till sides of cake are dry and center do not shake (1 hour).
- Let cool 35 minutes on rack.
- Mix sour cream, cream of coconut and remaining coconut liquer, spread on cake.
- Bake 10 minutes to set topping.
- Cool on rack -- chill 4 hours.
- Sprinkle chopped coconut around edges.