Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
A wonderful sweet creamy coconut topping on top of a buttery crust, perfect to serve on party tray. If you cut these in 2-inch squares, you should have around 50 pieces, but you can cut to any size desired.
- 1 (520 g) package yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup flaked coconut (can use more if desired)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- In a bowl, mix the cake mix, butter or margarine, 1 egg and 1 tbsp water.
- Press the mixture into the bottom the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle the coconut over the cake mixture; set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the cream cheese, icing sugar, 3 eggs and vanilla.
- Pour evenly over the coconut (do not mix).
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Cool before cutting into slices.
Excellent bar (square) for coconut lovers. I thought a little too sweet, so with my second batch, I added a layer of lemon curd between crust & coconut. PERFECT
Everyone enjoyed this delicious creamy dessert. It's a bit on the sweet side, so next time I'll cut down on the sugar just a little bit. The coconut I used was sweetened and that might have made a difference, too. Next time I might try dessicated coconut. Thanks!