Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this recipe out of a "Texas cookbook" Sounds wonderful. I can't wait to try it.
- 4 tablespoons butter (seperated)
- 1 3⁄4 cups flaked coconut
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 3 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Melt 2 Tbls butter in skillet; add coconut.
- Stir constantly while cooking over low heat until golden brown.
- Spread coconut on absorbent paper to cool.
- Cream remaining butter with cream cheese.
- Add milk, then beat in sugar gradually.
- Blend in vanilla and stir in coconut.
- Spread on cake.