Recipe by Mertoo
I love both coconut and cream cheese, so I looked around online and found this recipe on another site. I love these, hope you do too.
Top Review by NELady
I'm making cookies for our public library's summer reading program... these ones got the thumbs up! I made 1/2 batch (since I only had 3 ounces of cream cheese). I used fat free cream cheese, 1% milk and skipped the toasting of the coconut step (by the time I read it, the cookies were already in the oven). On half of the cookies, I put cherry chips in the center in place of the halved candied cherry, and on the other half, I put a couple of chocolate chips in the center. The chocolate chip ones were more popular, but both varieties were very good. I posted a photo of the cherry chip/chocolate chip varieties. Thanks for sharing this recipe!
- 1 cup butter
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup toasted coconut
- pecan halves or halved candied cherry
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together the butter, cream cheese, sugar, salt, and vanilla.
- Add egg and milk; beat well.
- Stir in the flour and toasted coconut.
- Drop cookie batter from teaspoons onto ungreased baking sheet then press a pecan half or cherry half into the top of each.
- Bake at 325° for 18 to 20 minutes.
- Remove cookies to a rack to cool.
- Makes about 5 dozen cookies.
- *Totoast coconut in the oven, spread coconut on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake at 325°, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 10 minutes.