Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
Easy recipe that starts as a box mix with a little added flair.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box butter recipe cake mix (prepared according to package directions in a 9x13 pan)
- 2⁄3 cup water (or as directed on package)
- 1⁄2 cup softened butter (or as directed on package)
- 3 eggs (or as directed on the package)
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream of coconut
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 12 ounces whipped topping
- 1 (6 ounce) package frozen coconut
- When cake is done, punch holes all over the top.
- Pour cream of coconut over the entire cake and let cake cool completely.
- Beat together the cream cheese and whipped topping.
- Spread over cake and sprinkle with coconut.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
I liked it,I loved it,can't get enough of it. This cake was to die for! It's definately worth more than 10 stars! I couldn't find a butter cake mix so I used a butter pecan. I found this cake recipe because I was searching for a way to use up some leftover cream of coconut and boy was I ever glad I did. My whole family and friends love it and they're not big coconut fans. The frosting was soooo delicious with just the right amount of sweetness,I'll make my cream cheese frostings like this from now on. Thanks johnvac52.
This cake was soooooooo easy and DELICIOUS! I was leary of the frozen coconut. I usually don't care for it, but the combination of it and the creamy, light, not-too-sweet frosting was sheer heaven! This one is definitely going in my permanent cookbook!
Forgot to rate it...5 stars all the way!!!