Recipe by johnvac52
Easy recipe that starts as a box mix with a little added flair.
Top Review by Beeks
I liked it,I loved it,can't get enough of it. This cake was to die for! It's definately worth more than 10 stars! I couldn't find a butter cake mix so I used a butter pecan. I found this cake recipe because I was searching for a way to use up some leftover cream of coconut and boy was I ever glad I did. My whole family and friends love it and they're not big coconut fans. The frosting was soooo delicious with just the right amount of sweetness,I'll make my cream cheese frostings like this from now on. Thanks johnvac52.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box butter recipe cake mix (prepared according to package directions in a 9x13 pan)
- 2⁄3 cup water (or as directed on package)
- 1⁄2 cup softened butter (or as directed on package)
- 3 eggs (or as directed on the package)
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream of coconut
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 12 ounces whipped topping
- 1 (6 ounce) package frozen coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- When cake is done, punch holes all over the top.
- Pour cream of coconut over the entire cake and let cake cool completely.
- Beat together the cream cheese and whipped topping.
- Spread over cake and sprinkle with coconut.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.