Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
this is from Martha Stewart's magazine..they are awesome..more like a dessert baking time includes chilling time
- preheat oven to 350*.spread coconut in an even layer on a rimmed baking sheet -- bake, stirring, once or twice.until golden.
- about 8-10 minutes.let cool completely.
- process cookies and 1/2 cup coconut in a food processor till finely ground -- and mixture clumps together.about 2 minutes.
- transfer mixture to a 9x13" pan -- press even layer on bottom.bake 12-15 minutes.let cool on wire rack.
- whisk together granulated sugar, cornstarch, salt in large pan -- whisk in milk and egg yolks.cook over medium heat whisking constantly till it comes to a boil.about 5-6 minutes.continue to cook, whisking about 3 minutes or thick.
- remove from heat and add butter.whisk till combined and thoroughly melted.
- stir in 1 1/2 cups coconut.spoon custard onto cooled crust --
- smooth.top with plastic wrap directly on custard surface.
- refrigerate 3 hours or till firm --
- beat cream and powdered sugar in large bowl -- till stiff peaks from.cut custard into 24 bars.
- cover bars with zig zag pattern with star tip.
- sprinkle with coconut.