4 hrs 20 mins
this is from Martha Stewart's magazine..they are awesome..more like a dessert baking time includes chilling time
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1preheat oven to 350*.spread coconut in an even layer on a rimmed baking sheet -- bake, stirring, once or twice.until golden.
- 2about 8-10 minutes.let cool completely.
- 3process cookies and 1/2 cup coconut in a food processor till finely ground -- and mixture clumps together.about 2 minutes.
- 4transfer mixture to a 9x13" pan -- press even layer on bottom.bake 12-15 minutes.let cool on wire rack.
- 5whisk together granulated sugar, cornstarch, salt in large pan -- whisk in milk and egg yolks.cook over medium heat whisking constantly till it comes to a boil.about 5-6 minutes.continue to cook, whisking about 3 minutes or thick.
- 6remove from heat and add butter.whisk till combined and thoroughly melted.
- 7stir in 1 1/2 cups coconut.spoon custard onto cooled crust --
- 8smooth.top with plastic wrap directly on custard surface.
- 9refrigerate 3 hours or till firm --
- 10beat cream and powdered sugar in large bowl -- till stiff peaks from.cut custard into 24 bars.
- 11cover bars with zig zag pattern with star tip.
- 12sprinkle with coconut.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Cream Bars
Serving Size: 1 (2606 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 296.5
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 88.7 mg
- Sodium 200.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 18.9 g
- Protein 3.8 g