Recipe by Sandra-Anne
This is a great dessert when having friends over in the summer. I got this from an old friend who sort of made it up!
- 6 fluid ounces fromage frais
- 9 fluid ounces double cream
- 6 fluid ounces coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- gelatin (enough to set one pint)
- 2 tablespoons Malibu rum (optional)
FOR THE TOPPING
- 5 ounces strawberries
- 5 ounces raspberries
- 5 ounces blueberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Whip the cream until it starts to stiffen, but is still not completely whipped.
- (Does that make sense?).
- In a separate bowl whip the fromage frais until smooth, then add in the coconut cream/milk whilst whipping.
- Also add in the caster sugar and malibu if using.
- Now whip the fromage mixture into the cream.
- Melt the gelatine in about 4 tablespoon of hot water.
- Once melted whip it very quickly into the cream mixture.
- Transfer into a pretty glass bowl and refridgerate for at least 2hours.
- Cut the strawberries in half and then combine all the fruit together.
- When ready to serve pile all the fruit ontop of the cream"jelly".
- Looks good and tastes great.