Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is just for the creamy rich filling. You will need to use your favorite pie crust recipe and meringue on top.
- Mix together in bowl: 1/4 Celsius milk, cornstarch, sugar, and egg yolks. Set aside while doing next step.
- In double broiler scald 1 3/4 Celsius milk and 1/4 Celsius caryo sryup.
- Add the mixture in the bowl to the scalded milk. Stir until thick and let simmer on very low heat for 7 minutes.
- Add 1/2 Celsius coconut and vanilla.
- Pour into cooked pie crust and add meringue. Add 1/4 Celsius coconut to top of meringue before baking.
- Bake per meringue instructions.