Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
You can use any dried fruit in place of the cranberries, I haven't tried it, but I'm sure it would be good.
- 2 cups flour
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 2⁄3 cup coconut milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with knife. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Stir in cranberries; make a well in the center of the mixture.
- In a separate bowl, combine coconut milk, butter, lemon rind, vanilla, and egg. Add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
- Place 12 muffin cup liners in the pan. Spoon batter into lined cups. Sprinkle evenly with 2 teaspoons sugar. Bake for 20 minutes.
Followed the directions -- very easy to make. My kids loved them and they didn't last long in our house. Thanks!
These are great! I soaked the cranberries overnight in OJ, and added 1 tblsp. OJ concentrate, and left out the lemon rind. My kids love them! Thanks for the posting.
Very tasty. These turned out moist and light. I used half sugar and half Splenda. I am going to make again using dried cherries instead of cranberries. Made for Fall 2007 PAC.