Recipe by greyghost
I just made these for my mother's cookie exchange she has every year- they came out SO cute and yummy! Got recipe from Food Network. Recipe called for unsweetened coconut - I did used sweetened and I did not sue the zest of orange (didn't have one)
Top Review by jpagan29
I loooove these! They are definitely addictive! The orange zest is a nice touch. I am giving this 4 stars because they were a tad hard to make. One thing that helped me was to wet my hands before forming each pyramid (I was determined to make them in the original recipe shape- I guess you could always use a small ice cream scoop and make them more organic). They disappeared faster than I made them!!
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries, finely chopped
- 1 finely grated orange, zest of
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fine salt
- 3 cups shredded coconut (about 8 oz finely shredded)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 2 baking sheets (cookie pans) with parchment.
- Whisk sugar, egg whites, cranberry, orange zest, vanilla and salt in large bowl.
- Toss coconut with egg mixture until completely coated.
- Moisten finger tips with water.
- Form about 1 heaping tablespoon of batter into pointed mounds or pyramids on prepared sheets (like little Christmas trees), space about 1 inch apart.
- Bake until edges are golden brown and entire macarron is nicely toasted and dry about 16-20 minutes.
- Transfer to rack to cool. Serve.