Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Light and delicious.
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries, finely chopped
- 1 orange, zest of, grated
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment.
- Whisk the sugar, egg whites, cranberry, orange zest, vanilla and salt in a large bowl. Toss the coconut with the egg mixture until completely coated.
- Moisten your fingertips with water. Form about 1 heaping tablespoon of the batter into pointed mounds or pyramids on the prepared pans, spacing them about 1-inch apart.
- Bake until the edges are golden brown and the entire macaroon is nicely toasted and dry, 16 to 20 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool. Serve.