1/2 Photos of Coconut Cranberry Bread
1 hr 15 mins
A great tea bread. Serve plain, or with marmalade or butter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut, shredded
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon rum extract (or vanilla extract)
- 1 cup cranberries, chopped (fresh or frozen-no need to thaw)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Coat a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- 2In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, coconut, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- 3In a smaller bowl, whisk together buttermilk, pineapple juice, eggs, oil and extract.
- 4Stir wet mixture into flour mixture until just moistened; fold in chopped cranberries.
- 5Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until wooden skewer inserted into center of loaf comes out clean.
- 6Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes; remove bread from pan and continue cooling on wire rack.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Cranberry Bread
Serving Size: 1 (116 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 346.3
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 37.4 mg
- Sodium 321.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 19.5 g
- Protein 5.3 g