I found this recipe online & tweaked it to fit my tastes.
Make and share this Coconut Cornmeal Pancakes recipe from Food.com.
- Sift the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Whisk the egg with the milk and water in another bowl.
- Pour the egg mixture in with the dry & stir until well blended.
- Next add the melted butter & coconut extract, stir in the coconut.
- Cook on a hot griddle as you would normal pancakes.
- Serve with honey, syrup, or sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Great recipe. Growing up, I loved cornmeal pancakes and never would have thought of putting coconut in them. Thank you for this idea! Two of my favorite things together :) I served them with agave nectar. Great breakfast!
These are the first cornmeal pancakes that I've tried and liked. Now, I'm not sure I like the texture of coconut in pancakes, but it was really fun to trying a different pancake recipe. Thanks for posting.
Wow, these were wonderful. So yummy, big, thick, fluffy and flavorful. I love cornmeal and coconut and knew that these would be perfect for me. The texture and flavor is outstanding thanks so much for sharing.