1/1 Photo of Coconut Corn Chowder
Serah B.'s Note:
I had this at a MD Veg Social potluck recently and it was so awesome, I had to get the recipe. Here it is!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 -2 garlic clove
- 1/2 inch gingerroot
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 2 cups unsweetened soymilk
- 1 cup vegetable broth or 1 cup water
- 4 -5 cups corn
- 1 teaspoon cayenne or 1 teaspoon paprika, to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained & well-rinsed
- 1Chop onion and fry in oil (medium low-ish heat) for about 5 minutes.
- 2Add garlic & ginger, fry for another 3-4 minutes.
- 3Add coconut milk, soy milk, broth and corn. Simmer until warm.
- 4Scoop out about 3/4 of the corn and puree it in a blender or food processor. Put it back in the pot, add seasonings and black beans.
- 5Simmer until hot!
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Corn Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (322 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 604.8
- Calories from Fat 214
- Total Fat 23.8 g
- Saturated Fat 16.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 466.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 91.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 58.9 g
- Protein 11.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: