1/4 Photos of Coconut Cookie Slices (Danish Fedtebrod)
These cookie slices were my absolute favorites growing up in Denmark. They are simple but yet so delicious, especially if you are a sweetened coconut fan. This is an old family recipe. I have tried to search the origin but it goes back hundreds of years literally. I have done my best to convert recipe into cups/tablespoons but if you have a scale I recommend that you weigh the ingredients instead of using the other measures. The cookies freeze well. The dough is quite fragile and I recommend that you cool it for 10 to 15 minutes in the refrigerator before rolling it out.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (125 g)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, for rolling out
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter (125 g)
- 8 tablespoons sweetened coconut (65 g)
- 1/2 cup sugar (65 g)
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Mix all ingredients until a dough consistency forms.
- 3Divide dough into 4 equal portions.
- 4Roll each portion into a 2.5 inch strip, about a 1/4 inch (or thinner) thick.
- 5Make icing; icing should be ready once cookies are removed from oven.
- 6Bake the strips at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately 10 minutes.
- 7Remove from oven and WHILE STILL WARM brush with icing. If you wish you can also sprinkle with a bit of sweetened coconut on top of icing.
- 8WHILE STILL WARM cut the strips diagonally into 1 inch strips (now you have 1 x 2.5 inch cookies). The cookies will seem really fragile while cutting but they harden as they cool.
- 9Place on cooling rack and let cool. (I let mine cool right on the baking sheet).
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Cookie Slices (Danish Fedtebrod)
Serving Size: 1 (17 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 77.7
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 8.2 mg
- Sodium 34.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 0.6 g