Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Too sweet to hide, these fun Coconut Cookie Nests are the perfect addition to your Easter festivities. With delicious egg-shaped chocolates nestled atop colorful cookie nests, these easy-to-make treats are sure to create a "hoppy" Easter.
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 cups shredded sweetened coconut
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 4 colors food coloring (optional)
- 12 Butterfinger nest eggs
- PREHEAT oven to 325°F Lightly grease and flour baking sheet.
- WHISK egg whites until frothy in medium bowl. Stir in coconut, sugar, flour, vanilla extract and salt until well blended. Divide coconut mixture into 4 bowls. Add 1 to 2 drops different color food coloring to each bowl; mix until colors are dispersed evenly. Drop by tablespoonfuls into 12 mounds 1 1/2 inches apart. Press centers in slightly to form nests.
- BAKE for 20 to 22 minutes or until set and lightly golden brown. Remove baking sheet to a wire rack. Cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes; transfer nests to wire rack to cool completely. Place 1 Nestlé NestEgg in each nest before serving.