Recipe by Mona Theriot
A very quick, easy and delicious cake to make that comes from a friend, Mrs. Betty McCall.
Top Review by Cheeky2222
Made this cake for my Dad's birthday...he usually get's a pineapple upside down cake but loves coconut too...so made one major change. I added a can of Crushed Pineapple in it's own juice to the cake... substituted the drained juice for the water it called for in my cake mix and also added almost the whole can of crushed pineapple to the mix. I also wanted it really to taste of coconut so mixed the whole can of Cream of Coconut (14 oz) with the can of condensed milk and mixed it before I poured it over the still hot from the oven cake. It turned out to be a wonderful Pineapple/Coconut cake and even my picky Dad loved it!
- 1 (18 ounce) package white cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄4 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (14 ounce) can condensed milk
- 1 cup cream of coconut
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix white cake and bake in 9" x 13" pan according to directions.
- When done, punch holes all over cake with wooden dowel.
- Pour condensed milk and coconut cream over cake while still warm.
- Allow to cool a little and spread with Cool Whip topping.
- Sprinkle with coconut and pecans.
- Ready to serve.
- Refrigerate uneaten portion.