Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A very quick, easy and delicious cake to make that comes from a friend, Mrs. Betty McCall.
- 1 (18 ounce) package white cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄4 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (14 ounce) can condensed milk
- 1 cup cream of coconut
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- Mix white cake and bake in 9" x 13" pan according to directions.
- When done, punch holes all over cake with wooden dowel.
- Pour condensed milk and coconut cream over cake while still warm.
- Allow to cool a little and spread with Cool Whip topping.
- Sprinkle with coconut and pecans.
- Ready to serve.
- Refrigerate uneaten portion.
Made this cake for my Dad's birthday...he usually get's a pineapple upside down cake but loves coconut too...so made one major change. I added a can of Crushed Pineapple in it's own juice to the cake... substituted the drained juice for the water it called for in my cake mix and also added almost the whole can of crushed pineapple to the mix. I also wanted it really to taste of coconut so mixed the whole can of Cream of Coconut (14 oz) with the can of condensed milk and mixed it before I poured it over the still hot from the oven cake. It turned out to be a wonderful Pineapple/Coconut cake and even my picky Dad loved it!
This is very good IF you really like coconut (which I do). I make it somewhat differently though, and like it better that way. I bake my white cake mix according to package directions. While baking, heat cream of coconut and sweetened condensed milk until hot. Straight from oven, poke holes in cake (I use my wooden spoon handle, but some people don't like holes that big) and pour heated milk mixture over cake. Allow to cool, cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight. Refrigeration makes a big difference in the final product. I top mine using real, sweetened whipped cream (HUGE difference in taste!) and shredded coconut. I skip the pecans.
Great!! I made it for my Mother-in-Law and she loved it. The only change I made was the frosting. I whisked 1 cup of milk and a small box of instant Jell-o vanilla pudding together and then folded in the Cool Whip. Thanks for the recipe.