Recipe by cookiedog
Cheese soup in a coffee cake?!! This makes a great snack cake that you can just pick up and eat with your hands. I brought it to work and it got raves. No one can believe it has the cheese soup in it! The recipe is from The Carriage House a bed and breakfast inn in California
Top Review by bill mayes
I wish I could give this 10 stars. It is that good plus. The flavors blend so well. The coconut is the prevailing flavor but its not overwelming, its perfect.I made it exactly like the recipe says so I would not change anything. PLEASE do not cut down or leave out the cheese soup.Thanks cookiedog for this wonderful recipe
- 517.37 g box yellow cake mix
- 311.84 g can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 118.29 ml water
- 2 eggs
- 14.79 ml grated lemon rind
- 236.59 ml shredded coconut
- 118.29 ml crushed pineapple, drained
- 118.29 ml chopped nuts
- 44.37 ml butter, softened
- 118.29 ml unsifted all-purpose flour
- 59.14 ml brown sugar, firmly packed
- 118.29 ml shredded coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl combine the cake mix, soup, water, eggs, and lemon rind. Beat until blended.
- Stir in 1 cup of coconut, pineapple, and nuts. Spread the batter evenly in a greased and floured 9x13-inch pan.
- In another bowl, cut butter into the flour until crumbly. Stir in sugar and the remaining coconut. Sprinkle over the batter.
- Bake in a 350 oven for 50 minutes or until done.