Recipe by ~jb4~
I found this recipe in one of those supplements at the check-out stands at the grocery stores. It was full of cookies and bars. I made this for my cookie trays this year and they were a hit. If you like coconut, these are for you.
- 2 2⁄3 cups flaked coconut, divided
- 1 package yellow cake mix (Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Reserve 1 1/3 cup coconut in a bowl and set aside.
- Combine cake mix, egg, oil, eater and almond extract.
- Beat at low speed until well mixed.
- Stir in remaining 1 1/3 cup coconut.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons into reserved coconut and roll the cookie.
- Place on a ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 35o degrees for 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool in pan 1 minute and then transfer to cooling racks.