Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Start with a yellow cake mix, bake, then poke holes in it and pour a luscious cooked coconut mixture over the top. Frost with Cool Whip for added decadence. This is a real keeper!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package Duncan Hines yellow cake mix
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (14 ounce) package flaked coconut
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (9 ounce) container Cool Whip
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease a 9x13" baking pan.
- Prepare cake mix by blending together mix, water, oil and eggs at low speed of mixer until moistened.
- Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes; pour into prepared pan and bake for approximately 30 minutes or until tests done.
- While cake is baking, bring milk, sugar and half of coconut to a boil, then immediately remove from heat.
- Remove cake from oven and poke holes in cake with fork or skewer.
- Pour cooked sugar coconut mixture evenly over cake, letting it saturate, spreading the coconut in the mixture evenly over cake.
- Let cake cool completely at room temperature,, then spread with whipped topping and sprinkle with remaining coconut.
- Refrigerate until serving time.
- Note: You can also use another brand of cake mix; just follow directions and ingredients on the box and bake accordingly.
Easy with an excellent flavor. Thanks for posting.
If you love Coconut like we do, I am sure you will love this cake. YUM!!!
We don't bake often and this recipe suited us for being quick,easy and a very tasty treat. Plus I love coconut.