Recipe by ~SarahBeth~
This reminds me of a tropical beach!
Top Review by Baby Kato
I love coconut and decided to treat myself to this lovely coffee for Valentines Day. To make it more festive I used pink/orange/white coconut, which was toasted. I did enjoy this coffee but must agree with AZPARZYCH that the rum flavor was a little overpowering. Thank you for sharing your recipe SarahBeth.
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄3 cups flaked coconut
- 2 cups hot strong, brewed coffee
- 1⁄4 cup imitation rum extract
- whipped cream
- toasted coconut
- finely chopped toasted almond
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, combine milk and coconut. Heat over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture steams. Pour hot milk mixture into container of electric blender. Cover and blend on high speed until smooth. Strain.
- In same saucepan, combine strained milk and hot coffee; heat thoroughly, but do not boil. Remove from heat; stir in rum extract.
- Pour into 4 heat-proof glasses or coffee cups. Top each with a dollop of whipped cream. Sprinkle toasted coconut and toasted almonds over each serving. Serve immediately.