Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Made with Almond Joy candy bars. Very fudgy.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 16 (19 g) miniature almond joy candy bars, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (9 inch) pastry shells, baked
- whipped cream
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, cocoa and salt.
- Stir in milk until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened (mixture will thicken quickly). Remove from the heat.
- Add chopped candy bars and vanilla; stir until chocolate is melted.
- Pour into pastry shell. Press plastic wrap onto filling. Refrigerate until set, about 4 hours.
- Remove plastic wrap.
- Slice and serve with whipped cream.