Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A crunchy style granola bar.
Make and share this Coconut Chocolate Chip Granola Bars recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (40 g) packets Kashi go lean instant hot cereal (vanilla flavor)
- quick oats (added to instant cereal to make 2 cups altogether)
- 1 cup organic whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup organic medium shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1⁄8 cup extra light olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄2-2⁄3 cup semisweet chocolate chunk
- In large bowl, mix cereal/oatmeal, flour, coconut and baking soda.
- Put aside.
- In another bowl wisk together melted coconut oil, extra light olive oil and honey.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add in chocolate chunks.
- Press firmly into an oblong glass baking dish, such as pyrex, that has been lightly greased.
- Bake for about 15 minutes at 375 degrees or until light brown in color.
- Let cool 5 minutes and slice into bars, but do not remove the bars from pan until cooled to room temperature.