1/1 Photo of Coconut Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
1 hr 15 mins
A twist on the classic banana bread, replacing the traditional walnuts with coconut flakes and chocolate chips. I combined and tweaked several traditional recipes to come up with this one. Some suggested additions or substitutions: white, dark, or milk chocolate chips instead of the semi sweet and/or adding chopped macadamia nuts. Hope you enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup mashed banana (about 3 medium or 4 large VERY ripe bananas)
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 9x5x3 loaf pan.
- 2Mix flour, coconut, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- 3In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs until frothy. Add sugar, butter/margarine, banana, applesauce and vanilla and beat well.
- 4Add dry ingredient mixture all at once and stir until just combined.
- 5Gently stir in the chocolate chips. Pour batter in the greased pan.
- 6Bake for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- 7Let stand to cool slightly (about 10 minutes), and then remove from pan.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 413.8
- Calories from Fat 164
- Total Fat 18.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 77.0 mg
- Sodium 428.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 38.2 g
- Protein 5.0 g