Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Quick Cooking.
Make and share this Coconut Chocolate Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 1 (4 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 1⁄3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (16 ounce) can chocolate frosting
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs, oil, water and vanilla.
- Add the cake and pudding mixes; beat for 5 minutes.
- Pour 3 cups into a greased and floured 10 inch fluted tube pan.
- Combine the coconut, milk and extract; mix well.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto batter.
- Cover with remaining batter.
- Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Frost with chocolate frosting.