Recipe by AdriMicina
Tropical tasting muffins, I got the inspiration for this recipe from Bounty bars (yummy coconut-chocolate snack bars we have in Europe, I don't know if you have them in America too)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, plus
- 1⁄4 cup sugar, for the topping
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup coconut yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup milk (if you happen to have a fresh coconut on hand you can substitute the milk with the strained liquid f)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups self raising flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup macaroon desiccated coconut (if you like a stronger coconut flavour you can increase to 1 1/4 cup)
- 1⁄4 cup macaroon desiccated coconut, for the topping
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 180°C and line muffin pans with paper cases or grease them.
- Beat softened butter and sugar until creamy.
- Beat in eggs, yoghurt and milk, and vanilla.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Combine dry ingredients and fold into wet mixture, do not overmix.
- Mix together the sugar and coconut for the topping, place batter in prepared pans and sprinkle with topping mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until skewer inserted in center comes out clean.