Recipe by EdsGirlAngie
This is a different, not-too-sweet zucchini bread that I like because it doesn't have that "oiliness" I associate with most. Oh, and I just happen to love coconut, too! It has a nice fine texture and also happens to be loaded with chocolate chips. This recipe makes 2 loaves.
Top Review by ChrisF
This bread was very good tasting. However it was not as moist as other quick breads I have made, could be that the zucchini I used did not have the moisture content (very dry growing season). I was almost tempted to add a few tablespoons of water to it but didn't. I will try to make it again.
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips (Ghirardelli's Double Chocolate Chips are good)
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 2 cups raw shredded zucchini
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine oil, eggs and sugar.
- Add 1 cup of the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder, mixing well.
- Stir in shredded zucchini and the remaining 2-1/4 cups flour; beat well.
- Add vanilla, chocolate chips and coconut; stir to blend.
- Divide batter between two greased loaf pans and bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour.
- Cool slightly, then remove from pans and place on baking racks to completely cool.